ArcGIS Online for Organisations: User and Publisher Workflows
This is a two-part course which combines ArcGIS Online for Organisations – both user and publisher workflows – and is intended to give you the key information needed to publish content to help you get the most value out of your ArcGIS Online account. It also introduces the types of content your organisation may distribute through its ArcGIS Online site, and shows how it can help infuse your projects with rich geographic context and visual impact.
Duration – 1 day (two half-day sessions)
City / Dates
@ Petaling Jaya
- 10 December 2018
- 1 February 2019
What is the course about?
You will learn the types of content you can publish to ArcGIS Online and how to author GIS resources to support their planned use. You will also see how including GIS resources in published web maps and web applications extends their value throughout the organisation and even to the general public.
Am I ready for this course?
This course is designed for anyone who needs to publish GIS resources to an ArcGIS Online organisational site and anyone whose projects will benefit from content shared via ArcGIS Online. GIS analysts, specialists, data managers and other knowledge workers will benefit.
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Find content on ArcGIS Online and assess whether the content meets your project needs
- Add content to a web map, modify the map display, and create filters to focus on features of interest
- Create a map inside Microsoft Excel to analyse spreadsheet data and data added from ArcGIS Online
- Create a PowerPoint slide to share an Excel map
- Determine the type of GIS resource needed to support a given use case
- Efficiently publish services to ArcGIS Online
- Use ArcGIS Online tools to create and configure user-friendly web maps and web applications
- Share services, web maps and web applications to organisational groups, to all organisational users and to the public
Are there any prerequisites?
- Familiarity with ArcGIS Online is recommended.
- If you are new to ArcGIS Online, the ArcGIS Online Subscriptions: Mapping and GIS for Organisations free training seminar will be helpful.