Creating Story Maps with ArcGIS
This course for anyone that wants to communicate with maps teaches the concepts, best practices, and decisions that need to be made when creating and sharing a story map.
City / Dates
@ Petaling Jaya
- 23 August 2018
- 22 October 2018
What is the course about?
Story maps have achieved mass appeal as a vehicle to inform the public, engage stakeholders, and inspire an audience. This course—for anyone that wants to communicate with maps—teaches the concepts, best practices, and decisions that need to be made when creating and sharing a story map.
Am I ready for this course?
This course is for:
- Data Editors, GIS Analysts, GIS Database Designers, Map Designers and GIS Desktop Application Developers who need to map, manage, analyse, and share data and other GIS resources using ArcGIS Pro.
- GIS Professional and others who have an introductory-level knowledge of GIS concepts and limited ArcGIS Pro experience.
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel tables and other Windows-based software for file management and web browsing is required.
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Choose an appropriate story map app for your purpose and audience.
- Add web maps, images, multimedia, and text to create an engaging story map.
- Apply best practices to share and promote your story maps.
Are there any prerequisites?
Familiarity with ArcGIS Online.