Deploying and Maintaining a Multiuser Geodatabase
This course prepares you to successfully create a multiuser geodatabase to store and manage your organisation's geographic data.
Duration – 2 days
City / Dates
@ Petaling Jaya
- 30-31 January 2019
- 21-22 March 2019
What is the course about?
This course prepares you to successfully create a multiuser geodatabase to store and manage your organization's geographic data. You will learn about the multiuser geodatabase architecture, configuration options, and techniques to efficiently load data, assign user privileges, and maintain performance over time. Course concepts apply to both enterprise and workgroup geodatabases. During course exercises, you may work with the RDBMS product that is relevant for your organisation (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, or PostgreSQL).
If you are using 10.2 or 10.1 take Configuring and Managing the Multiuser Geodatabase instead.
Am I ready for this course?
- Spatial database administrators and GIS data managers who need to create, configure, and manage a multiuser ArcSDE geodatabase.
- This course is for 10.3 and above users only.
What skills will I learn?
- Configure the multiuser geodatabase for your relational database management system.
- Create a multiuser geodatabase and configure connections to it.
- Efficiently load data into a multiuser geodatabase.
- Configure storage settings to support your organisation's data management workflows.
- Set up user roles and privileges to provide secure data access.
- Apply best practices to maintain high geodatabase performance.
Are there any prerequisites?
- Completion of ArcGIS II: Essential Workflows or equivalent knowledge is required.
- Experience managing a relational database management system is required