Introduction to Geoprocessing Scripts using Python
Esri Malaysia's intermediate introductory training course to geoprocessing using Python.
Duration – 3 days
City / Dates
@ Petaling Jaya
- 26-28 September 2018
What is the course about?
Python scripts can reduce the time spent on complex or repetitive tasks, enabling GIS staff to be more productive. This course will teach you how to create Python scripts to automate tasks related to data management, feature editing, geoprocessing and analysis, and map production using ArcGIS. You will also learn how to share your Python scripts, so your key GIS workflows are accessible to others.
Am I ready for this course?
This course is designed for GIS analysts, specialists, data processors and others who want to automate ArcGIS tasks and workflows
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Choose a Python scripting environment that meets your needs
- Incorporate cursors, describe objects and list objects into scripts to manage and update data
- Use ArcPy classes and geometry objects to create and update features and perform geoprocessing operations
- Use the ArcPy mapping module to automate map document and layer management
- Apply techniques to ensure valid script syntax and error handling
- Create custom script tools and geoprocessing packages to share your scripts
Are there any prerequisites?
- Completion of ArcGIS 2: Essential Workflows and ArcGIS 3: Performing Analysis or equivalent knowledge is required
- Knowledge of Python syntax and experience creating Python scripts is required. For those new to Python, Python for Everyone using ArcGIS 10.1 is strongly recommended
- Basic programming skills, including using loops and conditional statements, are required