What is this course about?
Learn fundamental concepts that underlie GIS technology and geographic data. In this course, you will gain experience using GIS maps to visualise and explore real-world features; analyse data to answer questions and create new information; and share maps, data, and other resources so they can be easily accessed throughout your organisation.
Online Discounted Courses
Are there any prerequisites?
- Experience with Windows-based software for basic file management and browsing is required.
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify appropriate data to support a mapping project.
- Create a map, add data to it, and symbolise map features to support the map’s purpose.
- Share data, maps and other content to an organisational portal.
- Perform spatial analysis to obtain information about map features within an area of interest.