Collection and use of personal information
We collect personal information about you, and will hold that information, for these purposes:
- Validating and completing purchase requests
- Providing you with notifications of new product releases or functionality updates
- Providing you with notification of upcoming events or visiting Esri and industry specialists
- Providing you with industry and GIS project related information
- Conducting client satisfaction and/or market research
- Complying with licensing, legislative and regulatory requirements
The sort of information retained and methods used to collect it are as follows:
- Email contacts from those who communicate with us via email
- Name, information preferences and contact details of those who subscribe to our newsletters
- Name, contact details and general preferences/perspectives of those who choose to participate in surveys
- Name, job title, place of work and contact details of those who wish to register for events or online services
- All details relating to product and service acquisitions
Providing your personal information to other organisations
In providing our products and services to you, it may be necessary for us to disclose your personal information to other organisations. We only disclose your personal information to the extent necessary and as required by law. The types of situations where we may need to disclose your personal details to another organisation are:
- When purchasing software
- When enrolling for training courses
- When registering for an event
- When we engage contractors for event management, general mail outs, market research or direct marketing. (Please note, in all instances these contractors are all subject to confidentiality agreements with us and cannot use your personal information except for our purposes)
- When we have an arrangement with a third party product supplier – for those third parties to provide information to you about their services and products
- When we are required to do so by law or court order – to the regulator, agency, organisation or person etc. authorised to receive the information
You may access or update your personal information at any time by asking us. If you do not want to be contacted as part of any direct marketing or similar campaign, please contact us as detailed below.
What if you do not wish to provide us with information?
If you do not give us the personal information we require, we may not be able to provide you with certain products, services or information you have requested.
How to contact us
Suite 10-01-02, Level 10
PJX-HM Shah Tower
16A, Persiaran Barat
46050 Selangor, Malaysia
+60 (3) 7629 5518
Esri Malaysia Sdn Bhd understands and appreciates that you, as an Esri Malaysia website visitor, consider the confidentiality and security of information we may collect about you to be paramount. Esri Malaysia is committed to providing you with high quality information and services within a secure and confidential online environment. For your information, our Privacy Statement sets out:
- What information we may collect from you
- What a cookie is and how it is used
- How your information may be used
- The security of any information you provide
- How you may access and correct your information
- How you can contact us
In this Privacy Statement, the expressions “we”, “us” and "our” are a reference to Esri Malaysia Sdn Bhd and any related entities.
What information we collect from you
The information that we collect about you will depend on the functions that you use within the Esri Malaysia website. We will not collect any information that identifies you as an individual unless you knowingly provide it to us. Any personal information you supply will be used only in accordance with this Privacy Statement. If you browse on the site, read or download information, our system will record the date and time of your visit and the pages viewed and information downloaded.
A cookie is a small data file placed on your computer by the Esri Malaysia website server. A cookie contains information about your visit to the site. When you visit the site again, our server will look for the cookie and structure itself based on the information provided. A cookie identifies your computer to our web server when you visit the site. We use browser cookies to improve the speed and reliability of our security system. We do not use the cookie to collect or store personal information about you. It is recommended that you turn off any cookie warnings in your browser before using this site to allow you to make full use of all website functions, including, for example, our online training register.
Use and disclosure of information
Any information we collect from you via the site may be made available to, or used by, our employees or any entity carrying out functions on behalf of Esri Malaysia for:
- The purpose of enabling us to provide products, services or information to you in accordance with your request or reasonable expectations
- The purpose of enabling us to ascertain whether or not we have other services or products which may foreseeably meet your needs, and to notify you about this
- Any other purpose required or authorised by law
We will only disclose personal information to third party entities carrying out functions on our behalf on a confidential basis.
You should note that information we collect from you might also be disclosed to third parties if that disclosure is required or authorised by law. If you do not consent to any of the above please contact us on +60 3 7629 5518 during business hours; or write to us at Esri Malaysia, Suite 10-01-02, Level 10, PJX-HM Shah Tower, 16A, Persiaran Barat, Petaling Jaya, 46050 Selangor, Malaysia.
Security of your information
Esri Malaysia takes reasonable steps to preserve the security of personal information it collects via the site. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure.
Accordingly, although we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us or we receive via our online products or services; therefore, such transmissions are performed at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we endeavour to preserve the security of information on our own system.
In relation to protected areas of the site, please note your user name and password are encrypted for privacy during transmission using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. To ensure your browser is SSL compliant, check the bottom status bar. You should see either a closed padlock or a non-broken key symbol.
Password and user ID information issued by Esri Malaysia is protected and we recommend you do not divulge your password or user ID to anyone. From time to time the site may contain links to other websites, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these websites.
Access and updating of information
You acknowledge and accept that your use of the site indicates your acceptance of the site terms and conditions of use and this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement may change from time to time, so please check back occasionally. Any information collected after an amended Privacy Statement has been posted on this site will be subject to that amended Privacy Statement.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or feedback about this statement or any privacy issues concerning our procedures and/or practices, please contact Esri Malaysia, Suite 10-01-02, Level 10, PJX-HM Shah Tower, 16A, Persiaran Barat, Petaling Jaya 46050 Selangor, Malaysia, or email to email@example.com.