Check out the latest job vacancies at Esri Malaysia: The nation’s geospatial industry leader.
We are currently seeking suitable candidates in the following areas.
- AI Consultant
About the role
The AI Consultant will use consultative skills and knowledge of Esri software to partner with customer stakeholders in defining and achieving their business and technical vision.
As part of a collaborative team, the AI consultant will analyse customer objectives and design solutions with a focus on GIS strategic planning and business process optimisation.
Your day-to-day will consist of supporting internal teams in developing and pitching data science solutions, advising clients on relevant GIS strategies, architectures, product selection and release planning – ultimately becoming a trusted partner with customers.
The AI consultant will develop an understanding of the corporate business challenges and work in synergy with customer stakeholders to enhance utilisation of Esri’s GIS technology in all aspects of their business.
This new role is specifically aimed to develop reusable technical components for demonstrations and rapid prototyping by:
- Developing APIs and model architectures for computer vision, natural language processing or 3D deep learning applied to geospatial datasets.
- Developing and pitching data science solutions
- Mapping business problems to machine learning or other advanced analytics approaches
- Building high-quality analytics systems that solve business problems using techniques from data mining, statistics, and machine learning
- Designing, testing, releasing, and supporting AI capabilities in the ArcGIS platform to enhance overall product quality and applicability for supporting data science and deep learning workflows with imagery.
- Authoring and maintaining geospatial data science samples using ArcGIS and machine learning/deep learning libraries.
- A degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, or a similar field
- 2+ years of practical machine learning experience or applicable academic/lab work
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: Git, Pytorch, Tensorflow, CUDA/GPU programming
- Ability to integrate ArcGIS with popular deep learning libraries such as PyTorch/Fast.ai or TensorFlow/Keras.
- Strong knowledge of deep learning for natural language processing, probabilistic programming, and reinforcement learning as well as experience in DevOps/MLOps and Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience in building and optimising supervised and unsupervised machine learning models including deep learning and various other modern data science techniques
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or other cloud services
- Experience developing software collaboratively in Python using version control and performing data extraction, transformation, loading from multiple sources and sinks
- Knowledge of remote sensing concepts and experience in handling geospatial datasets including satellite imagery, 3D point clouds/meshes, LiDAR, and other geospatial datasets
- Self-motivated with a knowledge of deep learning for natural language processing, probabilistic programming, and reinforcement learning.
- Customer Success Manager
About the role
With a collaborative, passionate and client‐centric mindset, the person that takes on this challenge, will partner with our clients to drive impactful outcomes from their investment in GIS or Geographic Information Systems technology.
By understanding their business and required outcomes, as CSM (Customer Success Manager) for Esri Malaysia, you will lead, energise and drive teams across Esri Malaysia to deliver values for our clients.
CSM will ensure the smooth and effective adoption of their GIS technology – ultimately leading to contract growth and renewal.
- Developing strategic and tactical plans to elevate awareness, adoption and expansion of Esri technology and solutions
- Identifying and influencing key decision‐makers at all levels across the designated client portfolio
- Building relationships with key personnel to generate and develop ideas
- Coordinating the efforts of Esri Malaysia’s cross‐functional teams that provide appropriate solutions to the clients
- Contribute to the further development of Esri Malaysia’s client success program and to facilitate the adoption of client centric thinking within the office, team and the wider company
- Overall responsibility for the client experience with assigned clients – demonstrated by an improvement in the client health throughout the entire client journey
- Responsible for operationalising our client success program through an engagement model which consists of four distinct client life cycle objectives: Land; Adopt; Expand and Renew
- 5 years’ experience as a technical account manager or senior business analyst consultant
- A bachelor’s degree in associated business disciplines (Computer Science, Information Technology, Geography, Geospatial Science, Remote Sensing and/or Surveying)
- Proven ability to develop and secure relationships at all levels within a large client organisation
- Experience in relationship building that supports adoption, drives value and leads to increased revenue opportunities within new and existing clients
- Strong sales cycle knowledge and experience, particularly technology software and solution sales
- Proven ability to translate wider industry trends and understanding of specific industry domains
- Success in playing a leading role within an account team framework, including sector and account strategizing and planning using standard sales frameworks
- Proven ability to influence and lead cross‐functional teams in client pursuits
- Effective proposal writing and bid management experience
- Flexibility to work outside of standard hours, with the ability to travel, as required
- Working rights ‐ You must hold current permanent and full‐time working rights in Malaysia
- Enterprise Sales Manager
About the role:
The Enterprise Sales Manager leads a highly skilled team of professionals focused on increasing adoption of the ArcGIS platform.
Demonstrating the power of geo-analytics to uncover hidden patterns and deliver accurate insights, the Enterprise Sales Manager and digital sales team will support clients to develop solutions to complex business problems and maximise value from their investments.
The Enterprise Sales Manager will ensure alignment with sales objectives and successfully meet or exceed sector goals for revenue growth.
- 6 - 12 years’ experience in enterprise IT solutions or business analytics software sales
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing dynamic sales teams
- Proven business development skills and meeting sales and business development goals
- Experience in generating, qualifying and closing business opportunities
- Previous connections and experience in clearly identified sector(s) is a strong advantage.
- Ability to build and execute enterprise strategic account plan and gain customer trust
- Ability to clearly identify client needs
- Experience in proposal writing and responding to tenders
- A good understanding of enterprise solution buying criteria and processes in the B2B or B2G sales cycle.
- Problem solving, negotiation skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management, work management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and oral English and Bahasa Malaysia
- GIS Consultant
About the role:
Are you motivated and enjoy using GIS to solve complex challenges?
Do you have experience delivering solutions with strong, positive outcomes?
Join Malaysia’s largest pool of geospatial solution experts and be part of a highly skilled, diverse team working with the latest Esri technology to solve complex real-world challenges across a wide range of industries including transportation, public safety, government, utilities, insurance, environment, and retail.
- 5-7 years’ relevant work experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in GIS project implementation
- A degree in GIS/Computer Science/Information Technology/Software Engineering or a related discipline.
- Strong knowledge of three (3) or more of the following:
- ArcGIS Desktop/Pro
- ArcGIS Server / ArcGIS Enterprise or Web GIS
- SQL / Oracle / PostgreSQL Database management
- FME or Data Interoperability
- General IT/Network knowledge
- Windows Server / Linux OS
- Experience in software development is an advantage
- Knowledge in scripting such as Python is an added advantage
- Esri Certified professional is an advantage
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- GIS Specialist - Image Analysis
About the role:
This role is a unique opportunity to participate and support Malaysia-based organisations in solving business challenges by leveraging geospatial insights. By providing technical support, contributing to project implementation, offering training and leveraging ArcGIS software to develop applications, the image analysis GIS Specialist contributes to the success and profitability of project outcomes while ensuring client satisfaction.
- Carrying out database design and data modelling tasks for both object and relational spatial databases
- Implementing Esri software and contributing to end-user technical support and technology exhibitions
- Delivering basic and advanced ArcGIS training courses
- Contributing to a positive work environment to attract and retain staff and support Esri Malaysia’s growth
- 5 years working experience, with a minimum of 3 years using or processing Satellite
- Image/Aerial Photo/LiDAR/SAR/UAV data
- Degree in GIS/Geomatic/Remote Sensing or a related discipline
- Strong knowledge of:
- Raster image analysis
- Image change detection
- Image classification
- Image enhancement
- Automated Feature extraction
- Familiarity with Deep Learning and AI workflows
- Knowledge of Image Cataloguing using RDBMS is an advantage
- Ability to work well within a team and independently
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining quality
- Strong communication skills
- Senior Program Specialist
About the role:
The Senior Program Specialist delivers high-quality scalable applications and supports external stakeholder operations — onsite or remotely.
Proficient in the ArcGIS technology stack, you will provide high-quality support, troubleshooting, advisory and perform software installation and upgrades, configurations and changes as required. As the technology stack evolves, you will constantly upgrade your knowledge and skills with additional Esri certifications.
As a technical expert, you will help identify and resolve technical issues quickly and effectively and recommend solutions using ArcGIS technologies — particularly when integrating with non-GIS enterprise systems.
By consulting with stakeholders, your role is to ensure service management levels are met by gathering requirements, understanding objectives, and prioritising business goals and deliverables.
Other responsibilities include:
- Providing technical software support as required
- Assisting users with object and relational spatial databases, including Oracle, MS SQL and UML, ESRI Geodatabase, and ArcGIS Server object database
- Maintaining and/or developing monthly reporting processes and constantly investing in its improvement
- Presenting operational and service level reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Training and mentoring functional teams to ensure process guidelines are understood and followed
- More than 5 years working experience; preferably minimum of 4 years’ experience in GIS
- Degree in GIS/Computer Science/Information Technology/Software Engineering or a related discipline
- Experience in IT and Networking field is an advantage
- Esri Certified professional is an advantage
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Senior Enterprise Account Manager
About the role:
Join a highly skilled group of sales professionals and solution engineers and collaborate with existing users to identify new, innovative ways of using ArcGIS technology — and help new users discover the value mapping, location, and GIS can bring to their organisation.
We’re looking for a customer-oriented, collaborative team player who enjoys developing and implementing strategies to address the challenges faced by Malaysian businesses.
By working with Esri Malaysia clients to leverage location services and geoanalytics, the Senior Enterprise Account Manager helps organisations uncover hidden patterns and tap into actionable insights to solve their complex business problems.
Help our customers see what others can’t!
We’re looking for a proactive team player — who can also work independently — with:
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in enterprise solution sales
- A proven ability to plan, generate, qualify and close business opportunities
- Ability to manage sales pipeline with multiple accounts and understand channel sales process
- Ability to build and gain customer engagement/trust
- Familiar with enterprise account sales process/cycle
- Excellent communication skills, in both written and oral English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Demonstrated ability in proposal writing and responding to tenders
- Senior Industry Consultant (Agriculture / Plantation)
About the role
The Senior Industry Consultant advises Esri Malaysia staff and clients on the use and delivery of geospatial business solutions that meet industry requirements and trends.
Working closely with the sales, solution architects, and service delivery teams, the Senior Industry Consultant will design solution frameworks and ensure they are appropriately supported by key industry players and decision makers.
To be able to develop solutions that are aligned to market demands and accurately address industry and client needs, the Senior Industry Consultant will:
- Have knowledge of industry requirements, business goals, activities, workflows, business systems, applications and platforms and determine how geospatial technology can help customers accomplish their goals.
- Assume the role of technical industry advocate and advise customers on relevant industry geospatial strategies to inform their technology roadmap.
- Demonstrate industry product solution and customisation using Esri technologies and relevant partner solutions — displaying a strong understanding of Esri solutions and complementary software.
- Lead the development of an industry solution framework and pre‐sales customer engagement.
- Lead the industry pre‐sales responsibility in Sales Support, Bid Support and Technology Updates.
- Have a strong understanding of industry workflows and the competition landscape to provide advice on market trends and potential.
- Lead the Esri Malaysia industry product/packaging development working closely with the sales development team.
- Have a strong understanding of the key stakeholders and industry principals/compliances.
- Pursue business development opportunities and collaborate with the sales team to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered and advanced.
- Provide technology updates to customers and Esri Malaysia partner networks via Esri Malaysia events and conferences.
- Support and undertake any other tasks as requested or assigned.
- A degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering, GIS, or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years’ working experience in the agriculture or plantation industries with proven experience in the application of GIS concepts and technologies is preferred.
- Analytical with good problem‐solving skills and a proven ability to diagnose business problems.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both spoken and written in Malay and English.
- Effective presentation and relationship building skills.
- Experience in supporting tender bid processes.
- Senior Software Developer
- Creative focus with experience in a range of technologies and design approaches.
- Experience in solution design for mobile applications across different platforms.
- Technologies will be selected to meet the requirements of each product but you should have experience with many of these:
- Web User Interface Development (HTML/JS/CSS/ReactJS/Angular)
- Full Stack Development (.NET) o Identity management (SSO, OAuth, SAML)
- Python Scripting o Database: Postgres, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle
- Development Tools: Jira, BitBucket, Postman
- Experience in continuous development and agile practices.
- Experience working with version control and build/test automation tools.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong team player.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to deadlines.
- Positive and enthusiastic with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Technology Consultant
About the role
Working with client stakeholders, the technology consultant determines how GIS technology can help achieve operational goals, activities, workflows and business needs.
The Technology Consultant proactively scopes technical solutions required to address business requirements, assesses client needs, and recommends solutions to deliver optimised value.
As an expert Esri software products and complementary solutions offered, the consultant works closely with respective industry specialists to assist in Esri product enablement — providing regular updates to clients, partners as well as Esri Malaysia staff to advance their product knowledge, technical acumen and technical sales skills.
- Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Software Engineering or a related discipline
- 1-3 years’ experience in technical implementations or relevant pre-sales activities with a proven track record in the application of GIS concepts and technologies
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written in Malay and English
- Working knowledge of:
- ArcGIS and general IT system design/infrastructure — including enterprise GIS
- RDBMS such as Ms SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Virtualisation and cloud deployment concepts
- Web technologies
- Esri/IT Certification
Esri Malaysia is the nation's foremost authority on GIS technology and - more specifically - the world-leading ArcGIS platform.