Join Esri Malaysia and surround yourself with a devoted group of GIS technology enthusiasts.
Each member of our team is committed to expanding their knowledge of the ArcGIS platform and buoyed by the opportunity to make a difference with geography.
For us, working with GIS technology is more than just a profession - it's a passion.
We are currently seeking suitable candidates in the following areas.
- AI Consultant
About the role
The AI Consultant will use consultative skills and knowledge of Esri software to partner with customer stakeholders in defining and achieving their business and technical vision.
As part of a collaborative team, the AI consultant will analyse customer objectives and design solutions with a focus on GIS strategic planning and business process optimisation.
Your day-to-day will consist of supporting internal teams in developing and pitching data science solutions, advising clients on relevant GIS strategies, architectures, product selection and release planning – ultimately becoming a trusted partner with customers.
The AI consultant will develop an understanding of the corporate business challenges and work in synergy with customer stakeholders to enhance utilisation of Esri’s GIS technology in all aspects of their business.
This new role is specifically aimed to develop reusable technical components for demonstrations and rapid prototyping by:
- Developing APIs and model architectures for computer vision, natural language processing or 3D deep learning applied to geospatial datasets.
- Developing and pitching data science solutions
- Mapping business problems to machine learning or other advanced analytics approaches
- Building high-quality analytics systems that solve business problems using techniques from data mining, statistics, and machine learning
- Designing, testing, releasing, and supporting AI capabilities in the ArcGIS platform to enhance overall product quality and applicability for supporting data science and deep learning workflows with imagery.
- Authoring and maintaining geospatial data science samples using ArcGIS and machine learning/deep learning libraries.
- A degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, or a similar field
- 2+ years of practical machine learning experience or applicable academic/lab work
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: Git, Pytorch, Tensorflow, CUDA/GPU programming
- Ability to integrate ArcGIS with popular deep learning libraries such as PyTorch/Fast.ai or TensorFlow/Keras.
- Strong knowledge of deep learning for natural language processing, probabilistic programming, and reinforcement learning as well as experience in DevOps/MLOps and Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience in building and optimising supervised and unsupervised machine learning models including deep learning and various other modern data science techniques
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or other cloud services
- Experience developing software collaboratively in Python using version control and performing data extraction, transformation, loading from multiple sources and sinks
- Knowledge of remote sensing concepts and experience in handling geospatial datasets including satellite imagery, 3D point clouds/meshes, LiDAR, and other geospatial datasets
- Self-motivated with a knowledge of deep learning for natural language processing, probabilistic programming, and reinforcement learning.
- Technology Consultant
About the role
Working with client stakeholders, the technology consultant determines how GIS technology can help achieve operational goals, activities, workflows and business needs.
The Technology Consultant proactively scopes technical solutions required to address business requirements, assesses client needs, and recommends solutions to deliver optimised value.
As an expert Esri software products and complementary solutions offered, the consultant works closely with respective industry specialists to assist in Esri product enablement — providing regular updates to clients, partners as well as Esri Malaysia staff to advance their product knowledge, technical acumen and technical sales skills.
- Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Software Engineering or a related discipline
- 1-3 years’ experience in technical implementations or relevant pre-sales activities with a proven track record in the application of GIS concepts and technologies
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written in Malay and English
- Working knowledge of:
- ArcGIS and general IT system design/infrastructure — including enterprise GIS
- RDBMS such as Ms SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Virtualisation and cloud deployment concepts
- Web technologies
- Esri/IT Certification
- Customer Success Manager
About the role
With a collaborative, passionate and client-centric mindset, the Customer Success Manager (CSM) will partner with clients to understand their business processes and desired outcomes to help drive impactful outcomes from their investment in Geographic Information System (GIS) technology.
Working with the broader team, the CSM will deliver value to clients - ensuring smooth and effective adoption of GIS, and ultimately leading to contract growth and renewal by:
- Developing strategic and tactical plans to elevate awareness, adoption and expansion of Esri technology and solutions.
- Identifying and influencing key decision-makers at all levels across the designated client portfolio.
- Coordinating efforts internally to provide appropriate solutions for clients.
- Contributing to the development of the client success program and promoting client-centric thinking within Esri Malaysia.
- Demonstrating improved client health throughout the entire client journey.
- Operationalising a corporate client success program through an engagement model which consists of four distinct client life-cycle objectives: Land; Adopt; Expand and Renew.
You are an experienced professional with a focus on client-centricity and a business acumen that guides you to prioritise workloads and remain cool under pressure. You have:
- 5 years’ experience as a technical account manager or senior business analyst consultant.
- A bachelor’s degree in associated business disciplines (Computer Science, Information Technology, Geography, Geospatial Science, Remote Sensing and/or Surveying).
- Experience in building relationships that support adoption, drives value, and leads to increased revenue opportunities with new and existing clients.
- A proven ability to develop and secure relationships at all levels within a large client organisation.
- Strong knowledge and experience with sales cycle, particularly technology software and solution sales.
- A proven ability to translate wider industry trends and understand specific industry domains.
- Experience in building account-based strategies and managing client outcomes through exceptional stakeholder engagement.
- A proven ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams in client pursuits.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in effective proposal writing and bid management.
- Flexibility to work outside of standard hours, with the ability to travel as required.
- Working rights - You must hold current permanent and full-time working rights in Malaysia.
- GIS Consultant
About the role:
Are you motivated and enjoy using GIS to solve complex challenges?
Do you have experience delivering solutions with strong, positive outcomes?
Join Malaysia’s largest pool of geospatial solution experts and be part of a highly skilled, diverse team working with the latest Esri technology to solve complex real-world challenges across a wide range of industries including transportation, public safety, government, utilities, insurance, environment, and retail.
- 5-7 years’ relevant work experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in GIS project implementation
- A degree in GIS/Computer Science/Information Technology/Software Engineering or a related discipline.
- Strong knowledge of three (3) or more of the following:
- ArcGIS Desktop/Pro
- ArcGIS Server / ArcGIS Enterprise or Web GIS
- SQL / Oracle / PostgreSQL Database management
- FME or Data Interoperability
- General IT/Network knowledge
- Windows Server / Linux OS
- Experience in software development is an advantage
- Knowledge in scripting such as Python is an added advantage
- Esri Certified professional is an advantage
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Enterprise Sales Manager
About the role:
The Enterprise Sales Manager leads a highly skilled team of professionals focused on increasing adoption of the ArcGIS platform.
Demonstrating the power of geo-analytics to uncover hidden patterns and deliver accurate insights, the Enterprise Sales Manager and digital sales team will support clients to develop solutions to complex business problems and maximise value from their investments.
The Enterprise Sales Manager will ensure alignment with sales objectives and successfully meet or exceed sector goals for revenue growth.
- 6 - 12 years’ experience in enterprise IT solutions or business analytics software sales
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing dynamic sales teams
- Proven business development skills and meeting sales and business development goals
- Experience in generating, qualifying and closing business opportunities
- Previous connections and experience in clearly identified sector(s) is a strong advantage.
- Ability to build and execute enterprise strategic account plan and gain customer trust
- Ability to clearly identify client needs
- Experience in proposal writing and responding to tenders
- A good understanding of enterprise solution buying criteria and processes in the B2B or B2G sales cycle.
- Problem solving, negotiation skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management, work management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and oral English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Senior Enterprise Account Manager
About the role:
Join a highly skilled group of sales professionals and solution engineers and collaborate with existing users to identify new, innovative ways of using ArcGIS technology — and help new users discover the value mapping, location, and GIS can bring to their organisation.
We’re looking for a customer-oriented, collaborative team player who enjoys developing and implementing strategies to address the challenges faced by Malaysian businesses.
By working with Esri Malaysia clients to leverage location services and geoanalytics, the Senior Enterprise Account Manager helps organisations uncover hidden patterns and tap into actionable insights to solve their complex business problems.
Help our customers see what others can’t!
We’re looking for a proactive team player — who can also work independently — with:
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in enterprise solution sales
- A proven ability to plan, generate, qualify and close business opportunities
- Ability to manage sales pipeline with multiple accounts and understand channel sales process
- Ability to build and gain customer engagement/trust
- Familiar with enterprise account sales process/cycle
- Excellent communication skills, in both written and oral English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Demonstrated ability in proposal writing and responding to tenders
- Senior Software Developer
- Creative focus with experience in a range of technologies and design approaches.
- Experience in solution design for mobile applications across different platforms.
- Technologies will be selected to meet the requirements of each product but you should have experience with many of these:
- Web User Interface Development (HTML/JS/CSS/ReactJS/Angular)
- Full Stack Development (.NET) o Identity management (SSO, OAuth, SAML)
- Python Scripting o Database: Postgres, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle
- Development Tools: Jira, BitBucket, Postman
- Experience in continuous development and agile practices.
- Experience working with version control and build/test automation tools.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong team player.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to deadlines.
- Positive and enthusiastic with a ‘can do’ attitude.