Sharing GIS Content Using ArcGIS
Strictly by pre-registration only
What is this course about?
This course is designed for GIS Professionals, Map Designers, Administrators, Application Developers, GIS Managers, and other experienced ArcGIS users who want to share geographic content in web maps and web mapping applications. It’s also suitable for developers who want to incorporate GIS services and web maps into custom applications.
Learn how to efficiently share a variety of geospatial resources to an ArcGIS Online organizational site or ArcGIS Enterprise portal website. This course teaches how to publish high-performing services that extend ArcGIS mapping and analytics capabilities across your organization.
MYR2,014.00 (includes tax)
ArcGIS Enterprise Administration
Are there any prerequisites?
- Completion of ArcGIS Pro: Essentials Workflows, Migrating from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro or equivalent knowledge is required.
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Share content between ArcGIS portals.
- Devise a sharing strategy that supports your organization’s workflows and business goals.
- Share map layers, web maps, data, imagery, custom analysis tools, and ArcGIS Pro project packages.
- Create map and vector tile caches to enable fast display performance.
What can I expect?
- Course topics
Sharing and Web GIS
- Sharing within your organization
- Comparing ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online
- Compare the ArcGIS portals
- Content sharing
- Portal members
- Identify portal member roles
Sharing with ArcGIS Pro
- Sharing GIS content
- ArcGIS Pro sharing options
- Content sharing
- Copied and referenced data
- Sharing web layers with ArcGIS Pro
- Choosing between copied and referenced data
- ArcGIS Enterprise supported layers
- Sharing content
Sharing user-managed content
- What is user-managed content?
- Enabling user-managed content in ArcGIS Enterprise
- Types of layers for user-managed content
- Managing feature layers and map image layers
- Sharing map image layers or feature layers
Analysis in the ArcGIS Enterprise portal
- Analysis in the Enterprise portal
- Data sources
- Choosing feature collection or hosted feature layer
- Portal analytical functionality
Sharing custom analysis
- Custom web tools and geoprocessing packages
- Web tools and geoprocessing packages
- Web apps
- Configurable web apps
- What is project package?
- Sharing packages outside an organization
- Using project packages
- Elements of imagery
- Raster function templates
- Applying multiple raster function templates to an image layer
- Workflow review
Optimizing map display through caching
- Tile layers and tile packages
- What is the advantages of caching?
- Plan and optimize tile layers
Using web apps and presentations
- Extending your web map
- Creating presentations
- Configurable apps
- Choosing configurable app templates
- Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS
- Exploring the functionality of Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS
- Sharing GIS content using ArcGIS portals